Starting: Feb 19, 2017
Venue: PIM, Karachi.
Health and the Healthcare Systems that ensure delivery of quality healthcare are among the priorities of every nation. Healthcare Systems start from basic peripheral facilities and culminate in central state-of-the-art medical institutions. Hospitals are the most specialized, tertiary care institutions in any properly tiered Healthcare Delivery System.
This Diploma will enable participants to gain an in-depth knowledge of how the Healthcare System is organized in Pakistan along with a more detailed understanding of Hospitals. Personnel already working in Hospitals will develop better understanding of other departments. This Diploma will also improve their career prospects for promotions, etc. Participants exposed for the first time to the subject will acquire a sound basic knowledge of how Hospitals work. The Diploma will also serve as a base for acquiring higher qualifications in Health & Hospital Management.
Among others, the Program includes the following topics:
- Health & the Healthcare System: models, systems& the National perspective.
- Hospitals: historical background, types & categories and models of the Future.
- Facilities design: functional adjacencies in Hospital buildings.
- Managing Patient Care Areas: Clinics, Wards, ORs, CSSD, Laboratory, Imaging Services, Delivery suites, ICUs, etc.
- Managing Support Services: Security, Dietary services, Housekeeping & Laundry, Transport, Facilities Engineering Services, etc.
- Quality Assurance in Hospitals.
- Medical Informatics: Hospital Management Information Systems & “the Paperless Hospital”.
- Procurement, Supplies &Inventory Management in Hospitals.
- Managing Human Resources: staffing levels, training, assessments, compensation, etc.
- Hospital Waste Management
Salient Features Of The Program
- Inter-active, discussion based format.
- Regular assessment and counselling through quizzes & short assignments.
- Visits to the selected hospitals.
Who Should Participate?
The Course has been designed for persons already working in Hospitals, those who wish to acquire a working knowledge of Hospital Management and those who would like to make the Diploma a stepping stone to higher qualifications in Hospital Management.
This Program is of 4-months’ duration and classes are held once a week on Sunday (10:00 am to 4:00 pm).
The fee for the entire Program is Rs 41,000.00
|Last date for submission of form & fee||Feb 15,2017|
|Commencement of Classes||Feb 19, 2017|
|Class Days||Sunday (from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)|
For details and registration, please contact Diploma Office:
PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Shahrah-e-Iran, Clifton Karachi: Tel: (021) 99251711-14, 99251669, FAX: 99251715-16